Equinix has reported its results for the third quarter of 2021
Some of the highlights from these results include:
- Equinix reported its 75th consecutive quarter of top-line revenue growth and a record Q3 on bookings, a clear signal of strong market demand. Results were fueled by continued strength in the Americas business and a robust performance for the channel program globally.
- Equinix remains uniquely positioned to help customers as they shift towards distributed, hybrid and multi-cloud as the clear architecture of choice.
- Equinix remains focused on providing value for customers by driving growth and scale in the market leading colocation franchise, expanding its relevance to the Cloud ecosystem through xScale, and tapping into massive sources of incremental demand by adapting to evolving customer needs with its rapidly growing digital services business.
- Revenues for Q3 were $1.7 billion, up 8% year over year. Interconnection revenues continued to outpace colocation revenues, growing 11% year over year driven by solid physical cross connect growth and broad adoption of Equinix Fabric.
- Equinix processed more than 4,200 deals in the quarter across more than 3,100 customers, highlighting the reach, scale and predictability of the bookings engine. There is a solid demand pipeline for Q4, and Equinix continues to add capacity to service this demand with 11 major projects delivered this quarter in key markets like Frankfurt, New York and Singapore and 31 more major projects underway across 23 markets in 16 countries.
- Equinix now has over 414,000 total interconnections on its industry leading platform.
- In Q3, the company added an incremental 7,800 interconnections and now has at least one major cloud on-ramp in 42 metros around the world, two times more than the nearest competitor, a clear indication that Equinix is the home of the interconnected cloud.
- Internet Exchange saw peak traffic up 6% quarter over quarter and 30% year over year to over 21 terabits per second, as traffic growth remains robust.
- Equinix Fabric saw excellent growth, continuing to significantly over index within the broader interconnection portfolio. More than 2,800 customers are now on Fabric, with attach rates moving up and to the right as businesses diversify their end destinations, and service providers integrate Fabric into their own solutions.
- Equinix Metal saw strong revenue growth as cloud native and service provider customers continue to embrace the ability to deploy physical infrastructure at software speed.
- Network Edge saw robust growth as established customers purchase more virtual network functions across additional metros. By year end, Equinix expects Network Edge to be available in 25 metros around the world.
- In September, Equinix extended Platform Equinix into a 27th country with the close of its GPX acquisition, entering the strategic Indian market. The two data centers in Mumbai form a network-dense campus with more than 350 international and local companies, including six on-ramps to the world’s leading cloud service providers, and a robust network ecosystem.
- GPX represents an ideal entry-point into this Top 10 GDP country, and Equinix expects to expand its operations significantly in India over the coming years as they tap into this rapidly growing market.
Some of the coverage is available below:
TechNews.bg: Equinix reports its 75th consecutive quarter of growth
Lex.bg: Equinix announced its results for the third quarter of 2021