DevReach is Back with a Bang
DevReach 2017 gathered over 550 software developers from nearly 20 countries in Sofia. The Acta Verba team provided end-to-end event management and marketing services and was engaged to organize the premier developer conference in CEE.
Organized by Progress, the 9th edition of the conference took place on Nov. 13-14 in Sofia. The tickets were sold out a month and a half before that. The last edition was in 2013 and it was a challenging project to bring the event back.
With more than 30 hands-on sessions and packed halls, this year’s event featured world-class speakers discussing the latest technologies and approaches in web and mobile app development, artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning. The conference ended with its traditional party for all attendees and speakers with the participation of the famous Bulgarian rock band, BTR.
“We’re very proud with the success of DevReach and its overall impact on the local developer community in the years,” said Todd Anglin, VP, Product, Progress.
Fast facts about DevReach 2017:
- 2 conference days, 36 sessions delivered in 4 halls
- 26 speakers
- More than 550 attendees from almost 20 countries
- Very positive attendee feedback
You can also download a brief recap here.
DevReach 2017 is organized by Progress with the support of Milestone Systems, Accedia, SmartIT, Nemetschek Bulgaria, and Microsoft. Its first edition was in 2006 and since then it has become one of the leading developer conferences in Central and Eastern Europe.
Acta Verba also managed to engage media partners, including О’Reilly. 30+ unique articles dedicated to DevReach 2017 were published in leading IT media across Bulgaria.
Some of the coverage is available below (in Bulgarian):
- Economy.bg: DevReach is Coming Back to Sofia this Autumn (interview with Vesko Kolev, VP, Product, Developer Tooling Product Development)
- TechNews.bg: The DevReach 2017 Speakers: A Unique Experience
- Computerworld.bg: DevReach 2017: Between the Website and the Mobile App
- CIO.bg: The DevReach conference again is the most significant event for software developers in CEE
- Kaldata.com: DevReach gathered more than 500 software developers from almost 20 countries
More photos at DevReach’s Facebook page.